About The Clubhouse Network:
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Nubian Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 21 countries. Founded 28 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates the Flagship Clubhouse in Nubian Square, Roxbury, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. A free drop-in program, the Flagship Clubhouse engages youth in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math) activities in ways that are relevant and meaningful to them. It also serves as a model and “Flagship” site for the international Clubhouse community.
The Flagship Member Project Fellow is responsible for the management and completion of a Flagship-directed project that benefits the Flagship space and the community of Roxbury. The Member Project Fellow will take time to learn various Flagship tools pertaining to their project needs, and utilize those tools towards the completion of their project. The Member Project Fellow will also be responsible for adhering to the policies and culture of the Flagship space while supporting fellow members in collaborative project development. Toward that end, they also represent the Clubhouse community and serve as an ambassador with funders, partners, and special interest groups.
Duties and responsibilities for the Flagship Member Project Fellow include:
- Create a self-directed project over a period of 3-months while being present in the Flagship Clubhouse.
- Track project progress in a written document.
- Spend 4-6 hours per week in the Flagship Clubhouse.
- Participate in a resume-building workshop to help encapsulate their experience during the development of the project.
- Present their Capstone Project at the end of employment about experience in project development, detailing the work that was completed throughout the internship, key learnings, and any next steps.
- Participate in any optional workshops that may be hosted in-person at the Flagship during work hours.
- Support fellow Clubhouse members in collaborative project development and day-to-day activities while in the Flagship.
- Maintain cleanliness and respect for materials and creative tools within the Flagship.
- Has visited the Flagship at least twice.
- Consistent in remaining present in the Flagship space.
- Not afraid to make mistakes and learn.
- Supportive of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Flagship.
- Is a member of the Flagship Clubhouse
- Has a Clubhouse Village account.
- The Member Project Fellow will report to the Flagship Clubhouse Manager.
- Salary is $16/hour for 4-6 hours/week, from April 1 – June 30, 2022.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Kahmal London at gro.k1670370707rowte1670370707nesuo1670370707hbulc1670370707eht@n1670370707odnol1670370707k1670370707.
We look forward to having a member do this important work as our Member Project Fellow as it will surely benefit the mission of the Flagship Clubhouse as we continue to strive to be a reliable and consistent resource for youth around the world! We are excited to have YOU join us in that mission!