Recruitment is open now! Participation is open to any member of the Flagship.
- Applications are due September 25.
- The selection process will take place September 27 through September 29.
- Orientation will start on October 1.
The Flagship Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is a youth group of members and alumni who work together to support the Flagship and create a culture of creativity and mentorship amongst mentors and members of the Flagship. The YLC will meet once a month for a one-year term to discuss operations of the Flagship and to plan upcoming activities. YLC members will support the Flagship by organizing the Flagship space, greeting new members and guests, promoting the Flagship, and hosting Flagship activities as a group.
YLC members will be involved in the following:
- As a group, creating suggestions around strengthening the Flagship space.
- Collaborating with the Flagship Community Advisory Board.
- Hosting various sessions, playshops, workshops, for Flagship members and members of the community.
- Hosting Flagship tours while in the space and welcoming new members to the space.
- Performing outreach to the community about the Flagship and sharing promotional information with local organizations.
- Assisting in partnerships with local organizations and funders. Example: Discussing their Flagship experience.
- Creating a culture within the Flagship Clubhouse space of creativity, teamwork, collaboration, and fun.
Flagship Youth Leadership Council members should have the following qualifications:
- Always willing to learn something new.
- Attend at least 1 of 3 Youth Leadership Council Recruitment Events
- Sharing their talents and skills with others.
- Willing to take constructive criticism and encourage creativity in others.
- Interested in meeting new members, guests, and organizations similar to the Flagship.
- Not afraid to take risks and to fail. We learn the most when we fail!
- Comfortable with rearranging the Clubhouse space (no heavy lifting involved!)
- Have a sense of humor and patience!
- Be familiar with the Clubhouse (have visited at least 3 times prior to applying)
Please contact Flagship Manager, Kahmal London, with any inquiries or interests at gro.k1653441209rowte1653441209nesuo1653441209hbulc1653441209eht@n1653441209odnol1653441209k1653441209
Youth are encouraged to apply by showing how they would be a good fit for the Youth Leadership Council through a short project. Applicants may choose one of the following options and hand-deliver or email it to Kahmal London at gro.k1653441209rowte1653441209nesuo1653441209hbulc1653441209eht@n1653441209odnol1653441209k1653441209 with “Youth Leadership Council Application” in the subject line.
Create an illustration using one or more mediums visually expressing why you would like to join the YLC. How does this benefit you? What are you hoping to inspire and change by supporting?
Graphic Design Resume
Create a resume of your skills and interests as well as your clubhouse experience. Design this resume as a flyer as if you were advertising yourself as a clubhouse member/youth leadership council member. What flair and graphically cool images can you add to this to express the uniqueness you bring to the youth leadership council. Flyer or visual resume can be created in any photo editing/graphic design/illustrator/animation software.
Write a request or proposal as to why you should join the YLC. What workshops would you like to do host during your membership? What organizations would you love to work with? What would you like to change in your community and what are you passionate about. The proposal should be at least 3 paragraphs to a page long. Bullet points can be added for ideas and descriptions of workshops/ideas hoped for.
Meet the Flagship Manager, Kahmal virtually or in-person for a recorded video interview of your reasons for wanting to join the YLC. Be yourself and express your interests and how they would benefit the YLC. Video Interview will be in a series of 3 questions that will be provided before the interview.
All options will require a follow-up meeting with Kahmal, Flagship Manager, and Tamara, C2C Pathways Coordinator.
Selected members will sign an agreement of participation for the Youth Leadership Council.