Where Technology Meets Imagination
The Flagship Clubhouse is a warm and welcoming community of creators and learners. Mentors, youth, and staff are available during program hours to help you get started on projects ranging from music and video production to graphic design and digital illustration. Whether you are interested in sharpening a skill, or just itching to try something new, you’ll find the tools and the encouragement to keep you motivated.
Ways to get creative in The Clubhouse:
- Make Music in our recording studio with software such Logic Pro X, and Garageband, while using instruments such as an Acoustic Guitar and Electronic Drum Set.
- Use graphic design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create 3D models using Autodesk Fusion 360 Design, TinkerCad, Sculptris.
- Learn programming with Scratch to create your own games, videos, websites and ideas.
- Design your own video game with RPG Maker and Unity
- Make stuff with our Vinyl Cutting Machines and Button Makers.
- Explore Virtual Reality with an Oculus Rift Headset. Create a 3D Structure Virtually and Transform it into a physical object through our 3D Printers!
- Digitally Embroider your name onto clothing or a pillow.
30 Years of History
For over 30 years now, the Flagship Clubhouse has supported thousands of youth in exploring and developing their passions through projects, workshops, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math) activities. The Flagship Clubhouse was founded in 1993 by The Computer Museum in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab.
The Clubhouse Learning Model
The Clubhouse Learning Model is designed to empower youth from all backgrounds to become more capable, creative, and confident learners. This approach is grounded in research from the fields of education, developmental and social psychology, cognitive science, and youth development.
A Global Network
The Flagship is one of nearly 150 Clubhouses in 21 countries encouraging young people to explore their ideas, develop new skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology and creative materials.