Calling high school students to try building fun hands-on craft projects that magically transform their shapes.
Morphing Matter (MM) is a new field that combines material science, programming and 3D printing to make shape-changing and dynamic projects.
In this workshop, we will explore STEM skills to design:
- pasta that forms itself 3-dimensionally upon boiling
- artistic figurines that transform underwater
- inflatable fashion that changes shapes by controlling air.
Join us in crafting the future of food, fashion, and other exciting areas using morphing matter.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Hands-on design and the making of three projects on the topic of morphing food, morphing paper art, and morphing fashion.
- Use a generative design tool to design and simulate projects in computers.
- Establish your own online project portfolio.
- Exhibit your creations, and invite your family and friends to check out your work.